At it’s regular meeting of December 10, 2019, the PUD Commission selected officer positions and also determined PUD representation for local and regional boards.
For 2020, Jeffrey McClure has been selected by the Commission to serve as President of the Public Utility District No. 1’s Board of Commissioners. Commissioner Michael Murphy was picked to be Vice President and Atul Deshmane was chosen for Secretary.
Commissioners also determined who will serve on local/regional boards for 2020:
- Whatcom County Economic Development Investment (EDI) Board: Commissioner McClure
- Whatcom Council of Governments (WCOG): Commissioner McClure; Alternate Stephan Jilk
- Public Utility Risk Management Services (PURMS):
- Representative: Commissioner Deshmane
- Voting Alternates: Stephan Jilk and Annette Smith
- Watershed Resource Inventory Area No. 1 (WRIA1):
- Watershed Management Board: Commissioner Deshmane; Alternate Stephan Jilk
- Planning Unit Representative: Stephan Jilk and Alternate Rebecca Schlotterback
- Washington Public Utility Districts Association (WPUDA)
- Representative: Mike Murphy