Public Works: Contracting with the PUD
The PUD works with a wide range of businesses who participate in contracts for public works, professional services such as consulting and engineering, and material and equipment procurement.
The PUD regularly solicits bids for:
- Small Works Project Contracts
- Public Works
- Professional Services Contracts
- Equipment Procurement
- Material/Supplies Procurement
To find out more about submitting bids or proposals for PUD contracts, contact the Engineering and Project Development staff at (360) 384-4288 or send us an email at: projects(at)pudwhatcom.org.
2023 Small Works Roster
PUD No. 1 of Whatcom County
Request for Applications
Notice is hereby given that Public Utility District No. 1 of Whatcom County (Whatcom PUD) is accepting applications from qualified contractors wishing to be approved for listing upon Whatcom PUD’s 2023 Small Works Roster.
Contractors whose names appear on the Roster may submit job/bid proposals for public works contracts that are less than three hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($350,000) (RCWs 54.04.070 & 39.04.155).
To be considered by Whatcom PUD and approved to be included on Whatcom PUD’s Small Works Roster each contractor shall: be a responsible bidder as defined by current Washington State Law; have a current Certificate of Registration as a Contractor in the State of Washington; have a current Washington State Unified Business Identifier number; if applicable, Industrial Insurance coverage for the applicant’s employees working in the State of Washington; have an Employment Security Department number; have a Washington State Excise Tax registration number; have a Workmen’s Compensation Experience Factor equal to or less than one (1.0); have the ability to bond projects in the amount of $350,000 or less; have completed all prevailing wage training required for all Contractors in State of Washington under L&I; have personnel with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the trade or scope of work indicated in the Application; be able to submit a Certificate of Insurance for the minimum amounts indicated in the Application; and have satisfactory qualifications to receive Safety Training and Security Clearances from Whatcom PUD’s industrial customers.
Whatcom PUD is seeking qualified contractors for the following classifications of work; a more detailed description of each item is included in the Application.
- Transmission Line Construction, Maintenance and Repair (115 kV)
- Substation Construction, Maintenance & Repair (115 kV)
- Electrical (2.4kV& 5 kV & 480 V) Motor/Equipment Maintenance and Repair
- Vegetation Management
- Utility System Telecommunications Infrastructure Installation, Repair, and Maintenance
- Waterline Installation, Maintenance and Repair
- Pump Maintenance and Repair
- Clarification Plant Maintenance and Repair
- Settling Pond Sediment Excavation and Hauling
- Utility System Telecommunications Infrastructure Installation, Repair, & Maintenance
- Facility Maintenance and Specialty Work
- General Building Construction and Repair
- Groundwork and Driveway Construction
- Metal fabrication and Design
All applications shall be submitted to Whatcom PUD on the provided application form.
To request application forms, contact:
Kurt Wank, Director of Utility Operations
Public Utility District No. 1 of Whatcom County
1705 Trigg Road | PO Box 2308, Ferndale, WA 98248
Email: projects(at) pudwhatcom.org
Phone: (360) 384-4288 ext. 17.
All applications shall be completed and returned to Whatcom PUD no later than 30 January 2023 to assure inclusion on the 2023 Roster, although Whatcom PUD will accept applications throughout the year. Whatcom PUD will provide written email confirmation to the applicant as to the status of the application (approval or denial).
The 2023 Roster shall be in effect through 31 December 2023 and will be updated on an annual basis.