Fast Facts about PUD No. 1 of Whatcom County
Founded in 1937, the PUD has countywide authority in Whatcom County to supply water and electric services.
The PUD first provided electric service in 1953.
- The PUD currently supplies three electrical customers an average of 27 MWh purchased from Bonneville Power Administration
- The PUD owns 13 miles of transmission lines and two substations
The PUD first provided water service in the early 1960’s. We operate two water systems that:
- Provide industrial grade water to 10 industrial customers, 2 municipal customers and 50 irrigation customers
- Provide potable water and fire protection for large industrial park
- Total water produced: 5.4 billion gallons per year
The PUD provides administrative services to other agencies for electric, water and financial needs.
- Annual total cash flow in 2011 estimated at $15 million